How many emails/blogs have you received in the past 10 days encouraging you to live this Lent generously, with discipline, full of gratitude, open-heartedly, optimistically? Alot? Me too. The community of Praying College Moms wants to help you make the next 40 days especially fruitful for your college-aged young adults with a few laser-focused tips of their own! Here are some of their suggestions for you:
1. I will add my child's name to the rosary list with 600+ others for whom Praying College Moms regularly say the rosary. (click here to do so)
2. To deepen my personal relationship with Jesus, I will set up a regular time for silent prayer (or recommit to it) each day.
3. I will fast from anxious thoughts about my young adults wellbeing. Each time such a thought arises, I will repeat to myself 3 times, in a loving manner, "My Lord, and My God" or "Jesus I trust in You", and wait for His loving presence to heal me. Then, I will thank Him.
4. I will send a PCM-style care package to my child mid-Lent to encourage him/her to persevere. (light-hearted, not preachy, fun, and personalized) Last year PCM sent more than 150 care packages on behalf of Praying College Moms.
5. I will plan a time each week to reach out with a phone call to talk about what's important to my child with no other agenda (ie, are you going to mass?) than to share in what he/she's up to.
6. If I haven't already, I will share the book
May you have a blessed and refreshing Lent!